President Name: TBA
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Pitchko
We will be assisting students in their pursuit of a higher education. Through educational and social means, the Pre-Health Society will be able to help its members gain an enhanced awareness of the personal and educational requirements needed to head into a health-related profession.
Events coming up:
- Faculty mixer: come out and get to know the professors outside of the classroom ( an excellent way to build rapport with them)
- Movember: Raise funds and awareness of prostate cancer (last year we raised $1200)
- Dodge ball tournament: a good way to relieve the stress school may cause
- ‘Get in the Paint to Donate’ A 3 on 3 B-Ball Tournament: Raise funds for Kids With Cancer Society and have fun while doing it (last year we raised over $6000)
- Oral Health Promotion: Go to elementary schools in order to promote proper oral hygiene
By joining, you will be to get invaluable advise from people going into medical fields (ie. writing entrance exams, applications for schools, etc.), help the community, make friends, build leadership skills and it looks good on a resume!
Meetings are bi-weekly, Wednesday 10:40am to 11:10am (this is tentative). Email for information about official dates and times.